CPAs are in high demand across the United States, and their salaries reflect that. In this blog post, we will take a look at the average CPA salary by state in 2022. We will also compare the highest and lowest paying states for CPAs.
As you might expect, the states with the highest CPA salaries are typically those with large metropolitan areas. However, there are a few surprises in store! Keep reading to learn more.
Certified public accountants provide a variety of services, including auditing, tax preparation, and financial consulting. Apart from working for accounting firms, they also work with businesses to help them manage their finances and meet their financial goals. CPAs are trusted advisors who can help you make sound financial decisions. When it comes to financial matters, CPAs are the experts. They have the knowledge and experience to help you make smart decisions about your money. If you’re looking for someone to help you with your taxes, invest your money, or manage your finances, a CPA is the professional you need.
CPAs can provide a variety of services, including:
- Auditing: CPAs can help you ensure that your financial statements are accurate and compliant with regulations.
- Tax Preparation: CPAs can help you prepare your taxes and maximize your deductions.
- Financial Consulting: CPAs can work with you to develop financial goals and strategies to reach them.
- Business Consulting: CPAs can help businesses manage their finances, meet their financial goals, and make sound decisions about their money.
Becoming a Certified Public Accountant
There are many steps that must be completed in order to become a certified public accountant (CPA). The requirements vary by state, but there are some general requirements that all states have in place. In order to sit for the CPA exam, an individual must first earn a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Most states also require that individuals have completed a certain amount of accounting coursework as well.
- Once the educational requirements have been met, the individual must then apply to take the CPA exam. The application process will vary by state, but all states require that the individual submit an official transcript, proof of education and work experience, and pass a background check. Once the application has been approved, the individual will be given a date to take the exam.
- The CPA exam is a four-part exam that covers topics such as auditing, financial accounting, and business law. The exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). Individuals who pass all four parts of the exam will be awarded the CPA designation.
- Once an individual has passed the CPA exam, he or she must then meet the experience requirements of their state board of accountancy. Most states require that CPAs have a minimum of two years of experience in public accounting. After meeting the experience requirements, the individual must then apply for and receive a CPA license from their state board of accountancy.
- Individuals who wish to become CPAs must be prepared to commit themselves to completing the necessary education and experience requirements. Those who are willing to put in the hard work will be rewarded with a challenging and rewarding career.
Average CPA Salary
In 2022, the average annual salary for CPAs is estimated to be $67,000. The average monthly CPA salary will be $5,500. The average hourly wage for a CPA will be $32.
The average CPA salary in New York is over $107,000. That’s the highest in the nation! Massachusetts comes in a close second at $102,000. New Jersey rounds out the top three at $98,000. So if you’re looking to make the most money as a CPA, these are the states you should be targeting. On the other end of the spectrum, the lowest paying state for CPAs is Nebraska. The average CPA salary there is just $36,000. That’s less than a half of what CPAs make in New York! South Dakota and Oklahoma are also low-paying states, with CPA salaries of $39,000 and $42,000, respectively. So if you’re looking to maximize your earnings as a CPA, you would probably be better off avoiding these states.
The job outlook for certified public consultants is very positive. In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that employment in this field will grow by 17 percent between 2016 and 2026 – much faster than the average for all occupations. This growth is being driven by the increasing complexity of tax laws and the need for businesses to stay compliant with ever-changing regulations. As a result, certified public consultants are in high demand, and those with experience and expertise can command high salaries. If you’re considering a career in this field, now is the time to get started. With the right training and certification, you can position yourself for success in this growing industry.
In conclusion, CPAs can expect to earn a very good salary in 2022. The average CPA salary is over $67,000, and the top-paying states offer salaries of $103,000 or more. On the other hand, the lowest-paying states offer salaries of $54,000 or less. So if you’re looking to maximize your earnings as a CPA, you should target the high-paying states. Thanks for reading! We hope this information was helpful.